Workwhile Questions with Rutger Paulusse
Meditative coffee rush, being eaten by a spider, and people who act out of love. We get to the bottom of what inspires, motivates, and occupies the mind of illustrator and Workwhile Member Rutger Paulusse.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Cloudless sky outside and inside.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Being eaten by a spider.
3. Which living person do you most admire?
4. What is your greatest extravagance?
Subwoofers and speakers.
5. What is your current state of mind?
Meditative on a coffee rush.
6. What do you consider the most overrated trend in design?
All trends are overrated, but every each one of them is interesting because of that.
7. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
8. What piece of work do you wish you’d done yourself?
The creation of flora and fauna.
9. What is your dream project?
Everything involving creative freedom.
10. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting where I got.
11. What is your most useful tool you use for your craft?
12. What do you do to get out of a creative rut?
Step away from the creative part and focus on technical development.
13. What would you do if you weren’t a designer?
14. What makes you unique as a designer?
My most useful tool.
15. What do you most value in a client?
Having complete faith in my judgement.
16. What do you most value in a collaborator?
Having the same agenda as I have.
17. Who are your professional inspirations?
18. Which historical or fictional figure do you most identify with?
19. Who are your heroes in real life?
The people who act out of love, not fear.
20. What is your greatest regret?
21. What is your motto?
Thoughts become things.